Unsuccessful swap - swap at your own risk

I had a swap with @dawnoftheplants that didn’t work out. The short of it is, we agreed on a swap, I sent my part to her and she acknowledged she received it but it’s been nearly a month and a half since then and I have yet to receive anything from her and communication is scarce to non-existent. I contacted her on IG two weeks ago to give her a chance to explain before I wrote negative feedback on here. IG shows me that she saw my message, but to date she hasn’t responded. So, I’m chalking this up as a loss; swap at your own risk.

I have our entire conversation screenshotted, but essentially, we agreed on a swap, I sent mine, she got it, I asked if she sent her cuttings and she said no because she had a family emergency (which I totally understand - so I told her not to bother with 2nd day mail and just to let me know when she sends the cutting). I let some time go by (over a week) and when I checked in again, she said she did send it and I should have it by now. I asked if she had a tracking number and she said no and that her mom threw out the receipt, so she was going to mail me fresh cuttings. Well, that was a few weeks ago and I haven’t heard from her since. I sent her the final message on IG two weeks ago with no response.

I will gladly edit this post if something ever comes, but I am chalking it up as a loss. Swap at your own risk.

That’s very disappointing. I will say I did have a successful swap with her several weeks ago, but I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out well for you.

Yeah I’m a little bummed about it, but oh well. It’s my first bad swap. I did reach out to a few other people whovwere mutual followers of both her and I on IG to see if anyone else swapped with her and I got a mixed bag of answers. Some had success, others received dead plants, but as far as I know I’m the only uncompleted swap. Oh well. I certainly hope she’s ok, but based on the responses I received (and then lack of responses) I think it’s just not going to work out. :woman_shrugging:t2: