Swap newbie! UK based but happy to include mainland Europe. After anything a bit different!

Hi guys! I’ve never done any cutting swaps before but keen to get involved. After anything I haven’t got really but wishlist:

• Hoya burtoniae/ds-70
  • philodendrons
  • caladium
  • Hoya kerrii
  • variegated monstera (wishful thinking)
  • ficus elastica
  • calathea ornata
  • variegated string of pearls
  • variegated Hoya compacta
    Or anything going!

To swap I have:

• ZZ raven leaves
  • zigzag cactus
  • watermelon peperomia (been rooting around a month)
  • trailing jade
  • jade plant
  • sedum album
  • sedum burrito (budding leaves)
  • silver pothos
  • golden pothos
  • algaonema Crete (I can try and separate some)
  • Christmas cactus
  • umbrella plant
  • cathedral Haworthia
  • Sanseveria fernwood
  • kalanchoe

:slight_smile::seedling:

Hello!:slight_smile:
I’m totally new to this and have no idea how it works haha but I’d totally like to try. I have a * ficus elastica that I could take a cutting from! If you’d be up for an exchange?

Hey! Ahh yay exciting :slight_smile: Can you get part of the stem from the ficus elastica? I’ve only recently learnt that they need a part of the stem for the cutting to ever grow… a leaf will root but never grow further. Anything in particular you fancy? Where abouts are you?

Yes, I can take a cutting from the top part of the steam no problem!:slight_smile: watermelon peperomia, please! I’ve been after one of them for a while.
I’m not sure how you send cuttings though :woman_facepalming:t2: As in, how to package them? I’m in Cambridgeshire, how abouts are you?

Yay! Thanks. Im in Exeter :slight_smile: Perfect sounds good! So my watermelon peperomia cuttings have been rooting about a month - transplanted them not long ago into some water-filled pumice and sure I saw roots on some of them, so I’ll send the best ones. I can probably get them posted Monday? Did a quick bit of research - if they’re not rooted I think just pack them in a jiffy bag maybe with bubble wrap, but if rooted wrap the roots in wet kitchen roll and put them in a little plastic bag. I’ll send it first class, the quicker the better I guess! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Hi! I would love some golden Pothos!
I’m afraid it’s not exactly what you are looking for but I have:
Peperomia Rotundifolia
Crassula Rupestris
Jade plant
Pachyveria Schedeckerii
Stapelia Orbigata

Hey :raising_hand_woman:t2:‍♀ No problem, they aren’t rooted or anything, I can take a cutting off with a node on though. Would you be able to show me a pic of the peperomia? I’ve googled it and it comes up with a huge variety of pics so not sure what they look like! I have a few of the others. Where abouts are you?

Hello! I’m in Dorset, so not too far from you :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m also interested in your watermelon peperomia, and sedum burrito would be nice too!

I have:
Peperomia Polybotrya
Peperomia Angulata
Kalanchoe ‘Kewensis’ (identified with this helpful forum!)
Pelargonium ‘Attar of Roses’
Pilea Peperomioides
Dwarf Cavendish Banana
Curly Spiderplant ‘Bonnie’, though the current babies aren’t very curly the mother plant is, so maybe they’ll get more curly as they mature?

None are rooted (apart from the Pilea and spiderplant), but I would send decent size cuttings/babies or whole leaves with stalks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey! Oooh I would love a peperomia polybotrya, their leaves are lush! No problem, so the burritos are budding but still quite small - I can send 2 of the biggest ones plus a watermelon peperomia (they’re half leaves, been rooting about a month - they’ll need more time rooting but there are roots so I could probably just package them carefully!) could I possibly have a bit of the kalanchoe too? Very funky looking plant!
I may be able to post them tomorrow if I get time, if not Tuesday?

I’ve messaged you :slight_smile:

Ive got a rooted cutting, here’s the mother plant

I’m in the UK but happy to swap in Europe

What a lovely plant! I would love a cutting please. I’ve just chopped my pothos with a nice node ready for you :slight_smile: Yeah I’m in the UK too! In Exeter. How about you?