Help to identify!

Hello, I got this plant today and it doesn’t have any name on it. Could you help? Someone told me it could be a never never plant?

1 Like

Stromanthe Triostar? I have a cutting from a swap which looks exactly the same, not much white/cream variegation. It could be ‘Sanguinea’, though it’s hard to tell if they’re the same or not. I’m pretty sure it’s in the Marantacae family. Mine has only 2 huge leaves and is mostly green with white flecks. Yours is a beaut :ok_hand::two_hearts:

I think you’re right, thankyou! Ps it was £2.50 at Morrison’s :raised_hands:t3::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I got the same one and its not quite as pink as the triostar more leafs with flecks on it but we can safely say its a marantaceae :joy:

2 Likes

Omg! @Sophay, that’s a bargain mind! I really must go to Morrison’s. @Mildred.DOOM, yours sounds exactly the same as mine, loads of flecks not much pink and white. Wonder if it just depends on light situation and/or where they were grown :thinking::grin::seedling:

I have a pink for real triostar and they both live in the same pot now and have both got nice and crispy edges from my neglect :joy: must mist more often again

My for real triostar at the front and you can just about see the Morrison’s “calathea” at the back :joy:

1 Like

I have the same (and it wasn’t labeled either :sweat_smile:)! I think it’s a stromanthe sanguinea, but a “magic star” instead of “triostar”?

2 Likes